Muffuletta Shrimp Pasta
- 2 cups of bow tie pasta (or penne pasta)
- 1/2 pound of large shrimp
- 1/2 bottle of 16 oz. jar MichaelAngelo's Hot or Mild Muffuletta, drained
- Boil or steam shrimp until fully cooked.
- Boil pasta in a large pot until el dente and set aside.
- Place Muffuletta, into a large fry pan.
- Heat the Muffuletta for two minutes on medium heat. Then add the shrimp to the Muffuletta mixture in the pan and mix together. Cook for another 3 minutes continuing to use medium heat.
- Then add pasta to fry pan and mix contents. Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently until entire contents are hot.
Hot Spinach Dip
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 packet of Knorr brand vegetable soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dry onion soup mix (mix well before measuring)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bottle of 16 oz. jar of MichaelAngelo's Hot Giardinera, strained
- Squeeze spinach to remove excel liquid. Combine all ingredients, mixing well.Combine all ingredients, mixing well.Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Chill dip at least two hours
Makes about 4 cups of dip.
Serving suggestion: Hollow out a round loaf of bread and fill with the dip, cut the middle section of the bread into bite size pieces and place around the dip along with an assortment of fresh vegetables.
Roast Beef Super Sub Sandwiches
Preparation time: 14 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 1/4-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 (3-ounce) submarine rolls, toasted
- 1/2 cup bottled MichaelAngelo's giardiniera, drained
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in oregano and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove bell pepper mixture from pan. Add beef to pan, and cook for 45 seconds. Divide beef evenly among the bottom halves of rolls; top each roll half with 1/4 cup bell pepper mixture, and 2 tablespoons MichaelAngelo's giardiniera; cover with roll tops.
Baked Meatball Hamburger with Giardiniera
Preparation time: 14 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g Pork Mince
- 200g Beef or Veal Mince
- 1 Can Italian Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- 1 small Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Fresh Marjoram
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ball Fresh Mozzarella
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Olive Oil
- Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
- MichaelAngelo's Giardiniera
- Dice the onions and finely chop the garlic. Saute in a saucepan with some fresh marjoram until transparent. Reserve half the onion and garlic in a separate bowl and add the can of tomatoes to the remaining onion in the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, add one teaspoon of tomato paste and simmer covered for half an hour.
- To the reserved onion add in the meat, some finely chopped parsley, the breadcrumbs (just a couple of slices of white bread, crusts off and pulsed in a food processor), egg yolks and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce. You can use the yolks only as it makes for a rich and delicious hamburger. Using whites tends to dry it out a bit. Mix well, season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper and form into very thick hamburger patties the same diameter as the hamburger buns. If you leave the patties for about 30 minutes, all the flavors come together nicely.
- Heat some more oil in an oven-safe fry pan and brown the patties on both sides. Either transfer the patties to small oven-safe tray or if the pan can fit in your oven just pour over the hot tomato sauce, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 180C.
- After 30 minutes, uncover the meatballs and top each one with a couple of thick slices of fresh mozzarella. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes while you toast the buns. The cheese will melt gloriously over the whole hamburger. It really does look amazing when you pull the tray out of the oven and there are 4 perfect patties swimming in a rich and flavorful tomato sauce and covered with melted fresh mozzarella. Toast the buns under the grill until browned on both sides.
- Top each bun with a meatball hamburger, making sure to scoop up the cheese and sauce with it. Serve with MichaelAngelo's giardiniera, olives, and sundried tomatoes.
Italian Beef in a Bucket
This easy, delicious crock pot recipe takes only minutes to prepare.
- 3 1/2 lbs beef roast, sirloin tip, or rump roast
- 12 ounces (jar) MichaelAngelo's Giardiniera, drained
- 12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)
- 10 ounce can beef broth
- 4-6 red and white baby potatoes
- Place roast in slow cooker on top of potatoes.
- Mix all other ingredients together, draining oil from giardiniera. (When adding giardiniera and pepperoncini, use 1/2 jar for a mild version or all for a spicier version).
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook for 8-10 hours on LOW.
Meat will be very tender -- can use a fork to pull apart.
Enjoy your easy recipe for the crock pot.
Antipasto Picnic Salad Recipe
Everybody just loves this tempting blend of meats, veggies and pasta. It goes together in no time, serves a crowd and tastes as delicious at room temperature as it does cold.Preparation Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Yields: 25 Servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) MichaelAngelo's giardiniera
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound deli ham, cubed
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain giardiniera, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. In a large bowl, combine the giardiniera, broccoli, mozzarella, salami, ham, pepperoni, green pepper and olives. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and reserved giardiniera liquid. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 1 10" round loaf Italian bread with Sesame seeds
- 1/4 lb Genoa Salami
- 1/4 lb Hot Capicola or regular Ham
- 1/4 lb Mortadella
- 1/4 lb Mozzarella
- 1/4 lb Provolone
- MichaelAngelo's Muffuletta salad
Cut the bread in half length wise.
Brush both sides with the oil from the muffuletta salad, go a little heavier on the bottom.
Layer half of the Salami on the bottom half of bread, then the mortadella, the Capicola, Provolone, and the remainder of the Salami. Top this with MichaelAngelo's Muffuletta. Put the lid on and press it down without smashing the bread. Quarter it.
Yields: 4 Servings